IPRAD facilitates development and research study based on felt needs and availability of resources based on following scope of activities:
- Research on socio-economic issues of practical importance to the policy makers, implementing agencies and the general public.
- Training, seminar and symposiums on contemporary issues.
- Sharing of experience with organizations of similar interest in other countries through seminars and exchange of visits.
- Impact studies of various development policies, programs and projects.
- Promotion of action to raise public awareness regarding the consequences of development policies and programs.
- Consultancy services to the government, private sector, NGOs, INGOs and bilateral and multilateral donor agencies.
- Formulation of alternative development policies, strategies in issues of national and international importance.
- Dissemination of research findings to different audience groups of home and abroad.